Is BILT Right for Your College?
Reflect on and discuss the following questions with your colleagues.
- How satisfied is your college with your program’s enrollment numbers, graduation and placement rate compared to other college programs?
- How often does your program’s advisory committee meet?
- Does it include representation from small, medium, and large employers?
- Does it include a mix of technicians, technical managers, and high-level technical strategists?
- Are committee members knowledgeable of the full range of skills addressed by your program?
- Do you use a structured process with your advisory committee to prioritize the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) they want graduates to have 12–36 months into the future?
- Do you regularly ask your advisory committee to forecast technology trends?
- Do you ask your committee to forecast labor market demand for your graduates at least annually?
- Do faculty map KSAs identified by the advisory committee to existing curriculum and make modifications to address local business needs?
- Do faculty provide feedback to the advisory committee regarding how they have integrated the prioritized KSAs and other business input into curriculum?
Learn how the BILT Academy can help your college implement the BILT model to significantly enhance employer engagement.